Home Staging Riverside County, CA

head_left_image

Selling a VACANT HOME is like selling an EMPTY BOX!!!!!

Would you want to buy an EMPTY BOX?  NOPE.  Neither would I unless I was moving and needed moving boxes! Staging a vacant home is like dressing for a job interview.  Would you go to an interview in your worst condition?  Nope.  Neither would I.  I do not understand why any Real Estate Agent or Home Seller would want to try to sell an EMPTY BOX.  That has to be one HARD SELL.  Staging a vacant home brings unbelievable energy into a home.  When you walk into a vacant home the empty, lonely and depressing feeling can be overwhelming!  A STAGED HOME is INVITING, it brings WARMTH & HAPPINESS.  A STAGED HOME is a HAPPY HOME!  Do not show an empty box....show the functional square footage and potential by furnishing and accessorizing each room.    Buyers DO NOT want to imagine it....they want to SEE it in all it's GLORY!!! OK enough ramblin' from Jan....I will STEP off my SOAP BOX.......

          

 

Contact Janice at 1st Stage Property Transformations of Murrieta Temecula for a home staging estimate.

Janice Sutton | Home Stager | 1st Stage Property Transformation
Dir 951-704-0597 | Email | Website

Blog posted by Janice Sutton, Murrieta Temecula Home Stager.  Home staging & marketing homes for the Inland Empire/Riverside County & San Diego County.

Murrieta Professional Home Stager

Are you looking for a Home Staging Professional?  We currently home stage in Murrieta, Temecula, Menifee, Winchester, Escondido, San Marcos, Oceanside, Fallbrook, Lake Elsinore, Perris, Corona, Santa Ana, North Tustin, Mission Viejo, Anaheim Hills, Moreno Valley, Banning, Yucaipa, Palm Springs and all other surrounding Riverside & San Diego County cities.

Home staging services included Vacant, Occupied, Model Home, REO & Bank Owned Home Staging.

Contact us at 951.704.0597 for a free vacant home staging estimate!

Don't delay....Home stage today!

Comment balloon 9 commentsJanice Sutton • October 23 2006 06:27PM

Comments

I've seen this go in different directions. Some are soooo turned off with the current decor that it limits their view of the home. On the other hand, some homebuyers look at a vacant home as an open palatte with endless potential :)

Scott 

Posted by Scott Gormley (Oak Valley Mortgage-California Home Loans and Refinancing) about 12 years ago

What many sellers of vacant homes do not realize is that the price of staging their home is often less than the first price adjustment they make. It's all part of marketing and showing the home at its best.

Posted by John Novak, Henderson, Las Vegas and Summerlin Real Estate (Keller Williams Realty The Marketplace) about 12 years ago

Scott,

I agree that there are MANY types of home sellers and that everyone sees things differently.  I think the home buyers "that look at a vacant home as an open palatte" are few and far between.  They are the ones that have creativity BUT those home buyers only make up about 10% of the total home buyers!!!  Not great odds.  Wouldn't you rather have 90% of home buyers interested?  It's is all about "marketing and showing the best home" as John stated.

As far as the home buyers turned off by the current decor....If it is done correctly with SCALE, BALANCE, COLOR and PROPORTION....as well as ORGANIZED, CLEAN and FREE FLOWING areas there shouldn't be anyone "sooooo turned off......that it limits their view"  That too is a small minority or a bad stager. 

Posted by Janice Sutton, Home Stager - Temecula Murrieta (1st Stage Property Transformations ) about 12 years ago

Hey Janice!  I loved your analogy to the empty box!  If you don't mind, I'm going to use that in the future.  I have been trying to get the realtor/seller to see that without furnishings, the typical buyer cannot visualize the scale of furniture that will fit in the rooms.  They also may not know what the function of a room might be.

The other point that I like to make is that once a potential buyer has toured the vacant property, you have lost that audience and they will not be back even if the price is lowered because nothing will have changed except the dollar amount.

Posted by Val Allocco, HSE; ASHSR - Home Stager, for Manhattan, Brooklyn & Long Island (Staged 2 Sell New York & Long Island) about 12 years ago
Val, Great point "you have lost that audience."  You are so right!!  FIRST IMPRESSION is very important.  Only savy creative buyers and RE Investors will see the potential in vacant properties and will try to get a reduced price.  Let's CAPTURE the MAJORITY of home buyers to PAY TOP $$$ instead of attracting the small minority looking for a house on SALE!!!
Posted by Janice Sutton, Home Stager - Temecula Murrieta (1st Stage Property Transformations ) about 12 years ago
Hi Jan...Thanks for the empty box analogy.  I listed my home two weeks ago Friday and two days later my wife and I accepted the offer.  We were successful in selling an empty box quickly but I have to wonder what if we had had it staged.
Posted by Rob Lang, Local Expert in Lawrence Kansas Real Estate Homes (At Home Kansas Team Powered by Keller Williams Partners Inc / www.AskRobLang.com) about 12 years ago

Hello Rob,

Congratulations on the sale of your home!  Yes, I think we will always wonder "what if"!!   We "what if" a lot choices in our life and are always trying to find the best solution.  Thanks for reading my blog. 

Posted by Janice Sutton, Home Stager - Temecula Murrieta (1st Stage Property Transformations ) about 12 years ago

Hi Janice

I am working with a client right now that has a vacant house, completely remodeled and beautiful I might add. They want to keep their costs down so I am not staging the whole house. Just some key areas, kitchen, family room, DR, LR and entry foyer. The master I am just putting bed and small table and nice towels in baths. When costs must be kept down what else would you suggest..

Phyllis Pafumi

Posted by Phyllis Pafumi, ReStyled to Sell Staging Homes NJ (ReStyled to Sell Home Staging New Jersey) about 12 years ago

You are doing exactly what I would do!  You are staging all key rooms.  By not staging all the vacant bedrooms you are keeping the costs down.  Great minds think alike. :)

Keep staging it forward. 

Posted by Janice Sutton, Home Stager - Temecula Murrieta (1st Stage Property Transformations ) about 12 years ago

Participate